Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Sunday, August 10, 2014

I confess I… 10 of My Most Awkward Quirks


I have been called many things that indicate I march to the beat of a different drum. When people are feeling friendly I get called unique or eccentric. Other times, I get the grumps of the world who simply call me weird and talk about me behind my back. The fact that you feel the need to talk about me simply tells me that I am more awesome than you, since I am secure enough to be myself. Listed below for your giggling pleasure are 10 of my most awkward quirks.

1) I freaking hate the way velvet feels and can't stand for it to touch my skin. If it does I want to bathe. Many a strange twitch attack has happened in thrift stores due to velvet that I ran into without warning.

2) I have absolutely no fashion sense and pick out all my outfits from Pinterest. I also lay out huge numbers of outfits at a time so I don't have to worry about finding clothing to wear in the morning.

3) I am massively addicted to bad reality TV, in particular all the seasons of 16 and Pregnant and their spinoffs.

4) I still sleep with the same stuffed animal I have since I was a baby…unless Brad steals him from me.

5) I have a serious bird phobia. I blame an attack by a rogue parakeet when I was eleven.

6) I clean by counting to 27. I will go into a room and pick up 27 things or clean 27 surfaces.

7) I own multiple pairs of footie pajamas and wear them on a regular basis.

8) I am a compulsive list taker, but my shorthand makes sense to almost no one. And my handwriting is unspeakably horrible.

9) I love Boy Meets World and grew up wishing for a romance like Corey and Topanga's. In some ways I got it.

10) I am embarrassingly uninformed about current events. I don't have cable, don't watch the news, only read the newspaper to coupon and rarely visit news sites. However, if someone creates a good news website, I'll happily read that.

What's your secret weird confession? Also, if you want to read more strange confessions, visit postsecret.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment