Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Sunday, August 3, 2014

New Beginnings: I'm SO EXCITED

My before picture. Looks like I have some work to do.  
I haven't posted in a few days, since I spent the weekend getting to know my new coworkers and simultaneously celebrating the end of summer. Brad and I also embarked on the quieter celebration of taking joy in the many new beginnings we have happening in the next few weeks.

Tomorrow is my first day working for Campbell County Public Schools as Brookneal Elementary School's newest inclusion Special Education teacher. I've never been so grateful to be anywhere. I have already begun making friends at my new school. The other Special Ed. teacher, Carisa, has taken the time to help clean out my classroom, go over the schedule with me, and give me information about my students. One of the second grade teachers, Beth, who is also new, has proven to be one of the nicest people I have ever met. I keep thinking about it and wondering how it is I got so lucky.

I have decided that with the start of a new job, now is also a good time to start a new workout routine. I've picked P90X2 and while I'm a little terrified, I'm also looking forward to it. I'm not thrilled with my body right now, and I hope that with this, a slightly healthier diet, rock climbing and a reduction to the stress in my life will get me back where I want to be, particularly in terms of my overall health.

Last week, Brad and I put down a deposit for our new puppy, a female sheltie, who is set to be born in the next few weeks. We will get to bring her home just in time for my birthday, which we are very excited about. Today we went and picked up a few small supplies we need to make her feel at home.

I recognize that these are small things, and that this is not one of my more exciting posts. But my goal for this blog is to promote happiness, wellness and celebrate everyday farm life. These are the things that have had me smiling for days, and those are the things worth sharing.


1 comment:

  1. Life is a series of new beginnings. You are exactly on track. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete