Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Birthday Wish List, Just in Case You Were Wondering

Not sure what's in this box, but I dig the wrapping.
http://tonkaviolet.blogspot.com/2012/08/lace-ribbon-pretty-gift-wrap.html

I turn twenty four at the end of this month, and while I'm not one of those people who likes to go all out with it, I enjoy a reason to celebrate as much as the next person. I always feel a little awkward about the whole gift thing though. It's not that I dislike gifts, it's always nice to be thought of, but the concept of "you caused your mother immense pain and breathed oxygen for the first time, have a present," is just a little strange to me. But since people seem to ask, "what would you like?" here is the answer to that question. You will probably find it humorous, honest and on the whole unhelpful. 

  1. I'd like to live in a world where I can teach students what they need to know for life and meet them at the level they're at, without having to worry about them passing the SOL test.
  2. More books for my classroom and lessons to go with them. I have one little girl I'm going to be able to do a sort of mini book club with to help her improve her word attack strategies, but I don't have a fabulous selection…yet. 
  3. More time to spend with friends, family and loved ones. I think everyone can agree on this one. 
  4. A teleportation device so I can instantly be with far away friends and family. 
  5. Marcy Cook math tiles for my classroom. They're a great way to teach problem solving skills, teamwork and of course, math. 
  6. A well organized craft room. I've been trying for months, but it just doesn't quite seem to be happening. 
  7. A clean house. Not a challenging thing really, there just aren't enough hours in the day. 
  8. A Fitbit, to help me stay in shape and be more useful to those around me. 
  9. Dinner with family and friends. 
  10. Time to build my side business and make it into something wonderful. 
  11. To have the clover earrings from Brad's grandmother repaired. They weren't officially broken, but need some light touch ups to keep them in good shape and I miss wearing them. Alas, time…
  12. To develop better skills for getting all my lessons in order each week. 
  13. Really good food and cake!
  14. Peace for the families of Hannah Graham, Morgan Harrington, and the many other families who have faced the mysterious loss of a loved one. 
  15. The ability to be warm all winter long. 
  16. A massage. 5 minutes, 5 hours, really I'm not picky. 
  17. The assurance that I am not going to completely screw up my life. Most of the time I'm pretty self confident, but hearing it from someone else once in a while wouldn't hurt. 
  18. A day to trail ride.
  19. Anything with bacon is completely acceptable. 
  20. Books with advice on how to be a better teacher.
  21. Sparkly scrapbooking paper for my classroom. I wish I could post the picture I have on my phone right now. In it, one of my 4th graders who is just beginning to grasp the concept of word is beaming, because she filled up an entire sheet with words she knows, and that took a lot of hard work for her. 
  22. My fridge to be stocked with healthy and tasty food. 
  23. AMHA Life Membership, so I can remain a part of the Morgan community. 
  24. Plants, so that the farm can continue to be a farm. 
  25. A pocket watch tattoo, in honor of my late grandfather. Not sure he'd approve, but it's something I've wanted for a while. 
  26. The finances to commit 24 random acts of kindness. Yes, I know kindness doesn't have to cost money, and I am SURE I can do 24 things without spending a dime, but in my dream world I have the money to pay off someone's car loan, buy coffee for an entire Starbucks, or leave someone a ridiculously generous tip. 
  27. Better fencing to keep the farm looking good and the animals safe.
Needless to say, I do not expect any of these things for my birthday, but it's fun to dream what you would ask for if you could truly ask for anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment