Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

52 Lists Project Week 8: My Favorite Things

My second favorite Sheltie. Sage comes home this weekend. 


So, technically the topic this week was supposed to be favorite albums. But while I enjoy music, my knowledge is pretty limited. So I decided to make a list of my favorite tangible things instead. Some of these are horse things, some are household items, some are foods and some of them are just plain random.

  1. Old Navy Jeans. They always seem to fit right, I can always find them at Goodwill, and they LAST. I am hard on jeans, so I know. 
  2. Ariat Boots. Comfortable and durable, not to mention very cute. 
  3. Kong Dog Toys. Virtually indestructible and very stimulating, these are a great thing for dogs of any age. 
  4. The Cavalier. A tiny hole in the wall of a restaurant in Lynchburg with the best fries you've ever had. 
  5. Ovation Helmets. Lightweight, comfortable, high quality and best of all, the helmet hair isn't terrible. 
  6. Clowndog, the stuffed animal I've had since I was a kid that looks far more like a bunny at this point. 
  7. JC Penny's Leggings. I'm not even sure they have a brand name beyond that, but they are made of soft and breathable jersey cotton. 
  8. Kindle. I love mine, and I'm yet to meet anyone who doesn't like theirs. 
  9. Tutus. Really, is there anything cuter than a tutu? 
  10. Tide pods. A little more pricey, but we waste a whole lot less of them.
  11. Stubben Leather Dressing. It makes saddles feel like butter and it smells like BACON!
  12. Audiobooks of any kind. It makes my drive to and from work a lot shorter.
  13. Bold Beef Ranch, a farm in Virginia owned by a former classmate and produces consistently high quality beef. 
  14. Utz White Cheddar Popcorn. No exactly health food, I know, but if I have an addiction, this is it. 
  15. Hobby Horse Hair Nets. They stopped making these, but they were amazing for keeping your hair together at horse shows. 
  16. Teachers Pay Teachers. A great website for finding resources on almost any topic. 
  17. Brother sewing machines. Mine is a small and inexpensive one, but for what I spent on it, it works great.
  18. La Caretta, a small family owned Mexican restaurants in my hometown. 
  19. Chocolate mousse. 
  20. American Girl Dolls. I grew up playing with these. They're a little on the pricy side, but their customer service is unbeatable and they work to create an educational aspect to their product. 
  21. Playmobile. Another great kids toy, perfect for almost every age and imagination. 
  22. Wacoal bras. Gentlemen, I apologize. Ladies, go buy 10 now. They're worth the investment. 
  23. Elf on the Shelf. One doll, so many possibilities. Plus ours scares my sister and while I'm grown, I'm definitely not grown up. 
  24. Duct tape. Enough said. 
  25. Creme brûlée. 
  26. Emersion blenders. Soup, smoothies, milkshakes, sauces. The possibilities are endless and it takes up almost no cabinet space. 
  27. Bandelino and Qupid pumps. Comfortable and practical, these shoes are a great deal at a reasonable price. 
  28. Anything made by Apple. I'm continually impressed by the quality and longevity of their products. 
  29. Pinterest. I confess, I have a slight obsession, but I use it as a tool to teach, dress, and create. 
  30. Family Fun Magazine. It's a great resource for teachers and parents alike. 
  31. Thrift stores, particularly ones that are locally owned. 
  32. Converse sneakers. I don't think I'll ever stop wearing these. 
  33. Kitchen Aid Mixer. I use mine at least once a week. 
  34. Aveeno soap. It is amazing and has noting in it to irritate my skin. 
  35. Carhart coats and gloves. These are the best thing in the world for life on the farm.
  36. Appletinis, my personal drink of choice.  
  37. Skull Candy Headphones and Earbuds. The earbuds are some of very few brands that I find comfortable, and the sound is great.
  38. Little Dickens, a bookstore and teacher supply shop in Lynchburg. My grandmother actually worked here for a while. 
  39. Fitness magazine. It's a good mix of a variety of types of fitness.
  40. Food Network Magazine. I have yet to make anything out of one of their issues that isn't delicious. 
  41. Jillian Michael's Workout DVDs. Efficient, quick, and without tons of extra side chatter. 
  42. Hondas. My husband and I have a Fit and a CRV and we love both. 
  43. Chicken and broccoli casserole. Best comfort food ever. 
  44. Pink roses. 
  45. Rosemary, which I love to cook with, but also adore the scent of. 
  46. Pear lotion from Victoria's Secret. I don't wear it, my mother does, but its smell reminds me of home.
  47. Fiskars scissors, punches, paper cutters, etc. 
  48. Fresh Market, which is the BEST grocery store ever.
  49. Disney movies. 
  50. Biore pore strips. Usually I can't afford them. I'm obsessed.
  51. Morgan horses. How many Morgans does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One, and he'll rewire your house too. The same goes for my last favorite thing…
  52. Sheltie dogs. 
Just call me Oprah! What are your favorite things? 

No comments:

Post a Comment