Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

7 Fun Things To Do This Weekend (That cost under $30)


I keep trying to have a plans free weekend, but since that isn't working, I'll stop trying and just embrace the idea. Here are 7 things to do this weekend (specific to Lynchburg, but I'm sure you could translate them) that won't break your piggy bank.

1. Go volunteer at the local animal shelter. Its fun, you'll feel good, and the dogs and cats will get attention, exercise and much needed socialization. Just don't bring one home.

2. Check out the Lynchburg Beer and Wine Festival. It's a lot of fun and there are tons of craft vendors as well as Wineries and Breweries out for business.

3. See The Little Mermaid at Liberty University. Now, if you know me, I know you're thinking, Hailey, did you really just go to the dark side? But I saw Mary Poppins there in the spring and it was FABULOUS.

4. Take a picnic to the Old City Cemetery, and listen to the Bawdy Ladies of Lynchburg lecture. It's about prostitution (sounding more like myself now?) in Lynchburg in the 1800s and 1900s and is truly a fascinating presentation.

5. Skip the crowds and hike or bike the Blackwater Creek Trail. It's kid and pet friendly and I think the weather will hold.

6. Go to one of the local farmer's markets or check out some yard sales, before winter sets in and these aren't an option anymore.

7. Come to my place for an old fashioned hay gathering party. Hey, if you have to pick up hay, you might as well have fun too!

Any suggestions for local events? Comments welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment