Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Sunday, September 7, 2014

52 Lists Project: My Current and Future Dreams

I know I haven't been great about the blog lately, and I have definitely skipped the 52 Lists project here recently. But I'm in the process of trying to get back on track, and so, here is Week 4 of the 52 lists project: my current and future dreams.


  1. Reclaim my weekends. I love my jobs, but I can't wait for the time when working on the weekends just to stay above water is necessary. 
  2. Climb a 5.10 on the rock climbing walls at Rise Up. I'm loving this new sport, and I love that I can feel myself getting stronger and braver each week. 
  3. Get a new horse. I love Anna and Libby, but Libby's retired and Anna just isn't quite right. 
  4. Return to the horse show circuit and do well. I miss riding competitively and being good at it. 
  5. Volunteer regularly with an organization. I'm not sure which one yet, but I miss being actively involved as a volunteer. 
  6. Have a well trained dog. We've picked her out, her name is Sage, and we can't wait to bring her home, but we also want her to be well behaved and awesome. 
  7. Become debt free. We're still working on this, and though we have a long way to go, with hard work and luck, we should be debt free before thirty. 
  8. Build our own home on family land. 
  9. Get down to my ideal weight.
  10. Learn to hula hoop well. I'd actually like to get certified as a hoop dance instructor.
  11. Take up a second fitness activity on a regular basis. I'm thinking hot yoga at the moment, but I change my mind a lot. 
  12. Take two riding lessons a month.
  13. Learn sign language. 
  14. Develop a better understanding of small business management.
  15. Write a nonfiction book.
  16. Write a novel. 
  17. Travel internationally.
  18. Visit all 50 states. 
  19. Ride internationally. Horseback riding in Ireland? 
  20. Grow my craft business to making a substantial amount of money each month.
  21. Have babies.
  22. Continue to grow my cooking skills and take a cooking class. 
  23. Start a book club. I really want to do a children's lit club. I'm thinking I may try to get this one off the ground over Thanksgiving or Christmas break. 
  24. Build a barn suitable for boarders.
  25. Go on a cross country road trip. Who wants to join me? 
  26. Complete one truly insane trail ride. 
  27. Go to Disney World as an adult. 
  28. Take a wine tour of California.
  29. Run a half marathon.
  30. Take a wine tour of Italy. 
  31. Become a mentor teacher. 
  32. Have 1,000 blog followers.
  33. Visit a dude ranch. 
  34. Get down to 115lbs. (Or 125 with badass abs.)
  35. Get farm in excellent working order.
  36. Have beautiful and functional fencing. 
  37. Swim with dolphins.
  38. Watch the horse portion of the Summer Olympics. 
  39. Host a Pinterest party. 
  40. Donate 1,000 craft items to charity. 
  41. Write a children's book. 
  42. Go on a spa weekend. 
  43. Camp on the beach. 
  44. Watch the filming of a TV show. 
  45. Get an adult AMHA membership. 
  46. Learn to ride sidesaddle well. 
  47. Get additional tattoos. 
  48. Visit NYC and see a Broadway show. 
  49. Visit Australia. 
  50. Zipline. 
  51. Stay in a treehouse hotel. 
  52. Gamble in Vegas. 
I'm in an adventurous mood today, so my goals seem more adventuresome than usual. What are some of your goals? 



No comments:

Post a Comment