Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Tribute to Lynchburg, and It's Top 10 Places

One of our engagement photos from the Lynchburg City Cemetery.
I have lived in Lynchburg for my entire life. When I was in high school, all of my friends could only talk about how much they wanted to leave, but I never have. I love this town. Admittedly, sometimes the local political beliefs turn my stomach, but on the whole, people are kind to each other, I run into someone I know almost every time I go to the grocery store, I get help unloading my truck at the dump, and there's a lot of fun to be had if you know where to go. Here's my list of my favorite places in "The Burg." If you haven't checked them out, you're missing something.


  1. Amazement Square: An amazing children's museum located in a renovated factory building in downtown Lynchburg. It's fun for adults and children alike. In addition, they are working to form a partnership with Lynchburg City Schools to help them to enhance their SOL curriculum. 
  2. Lynchburg City Cemetery: If you're probably thinking, "a cemetery?! What kind of town is this?" But the Lynchburg City Cemetery is actually one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Known for its historic tours and lectures, beautiful flowers and of course its trademark swing. Brad and I even did our engagement photos there. I've also taken campers from Camp C.H.I.L.D. and rode in their Bicentennial Funeral Parade. 
  3. The T Room: Also known as the Texas Inn, you haven't lived until you're tried a cheesy western with bacon. 
  4. Forest Farmer's Market & Lynchburg Community Market: Every Saturday morning from April to October, you can go to one or both of these locations for fresh produce, locally raised beef and eggs, and baked goods. If you go to the one in Forest, be sure to check out Bold Beef Ranch. The owner, Breck Light, is an old friend, and his product is top notch. 
  5. Lynchburg Hillcats: In addition to being a fun place to go watch a baseball game, I have to give the players major props. Last year my school took a group of my students with special needs to a game and they were amazing with them, throwing them easy pitches and talking to them. 
  6. Riverside Park and Sprayground: This beautiful park is just off Rivermont Avenue and is absolutely gorgeous, not to mention FREE. In the summer they have a playground filled with sprinklers appropriate for all ages. It's a great place to cool off on a hot day. 
  7. Rivermont Pizza: Pizza is made to order, and local bands often frequent the restaurant. 
  8. La Villa: This is our favorite Italian restaurant in town and their pasta is to die for. Reasonably priced, but upscale enough when you're looking to celebrate. 
  9. Robin Alexander Bistro: This place has a fun atmosphere, great service, and just about the best burger I've ever eaten. 
  10. Montana Plains: I'm not one for pastries, but something about their raspberry cheese danish is simply irresistible. 
Are you from Lynchburg? What's your favorite spot? 

No comments:

Post a Comment