Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Monday, November 3, 2014

33 Reasons My Sister is the Coolest Person You Will Ever Meet

I went back and read my post from yesterday and realized I made a HUGE mistake. Somehow, I managed to leave my sister off of my list. Hello, what is wrong with me?! My sister is one of the most awesome people I know. So to make up for it, I decided to make a list of reasons why she is the best.


  1. She's currently studying abroad in Poland. For 4 months. I am simply not that brave. 
  2. She's fabulous at pulling events together. For a government project in high school she organized a peace march to promote kindness to others as well as to yourself. 
  3. She will randomly quote Gilmore Girls with me. 
  4. She understands my obsessive love of all things Disney. 
  5. I have never met anyone with more versatile hair, and she lets me play with it. 
  6. She will try just about anything once. 
  7. She is surprisingly strong given her small size.
  8. She is an excellent dog trainer. 
  9. She picked out my wedding dress, even though we had originally gone shopping for her prom. You should have seen her, carrying four wedding dresses like they were nothing, zipping them up, and rejecting them before I had time to get too much of an opinion, and her expression when we found "the one."
  10. She makes meringue cookies the likes of which you have never tasted. 
  11. She is insanely good at buying other people gifts. 
  12. She's really easy to shop for. The trouble isn't what to get for her, it's which thing, since I have so many ideas. 
  13. She's the kind of person that will randomly show up and hand you a cup of coffee at the exact moment you're thinking, "damn I need some caffeine."
  14. She's really good with kids. 
  15. She's utterly brilliant, both in and outside of school.
  16. She stands up for what she thinks is right. 
  17. She is kind to animals, and spoils those around her rotten. 
  18. She reads books on a deeper level and will have awesome debates with you on their deeper meaning. 
  19. She's the queen of random acts of kindness and just because gifts to brighten your day. 
  20. She knows exactly what she wants and has a realistic plan to get it. 
  21. She's finishing a 4 year degree in two years.
  22. She's insanely proactive and organized. She's 3000 miles away and still managing to plan for her last college semester with ease. 
  23. She has friends from all walks of life. 
  24. She's an insanely hard worker. In addition to taking a full course load last semester, she also worked full time at The Cheesecake Factory.
  25. She can sing well.
  26. She knows how to play some guitar. 
  27. She's a really good actress and performer. 
  28. She's an excellent writer. 
  29. She has a phenomenal sense of humor. 
  30. Her ability to retain information is unheard of. 
  31. She can cook most things.
  32. She laughs at my really dumb jokes. 
  33. She does what she likes, without needing permission from anyone.
I still can't believe I left her off the list yesterday, but I hope this at least partially makes up for it. Love you Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment