- I absolutely despise bananas and onions. I also don't eat raw tomatoes, cooked carrots or cabbage in any form.
- I try to avoid passing judgement too quickly, since one of my biggest flaws is being overly critical of others, but this can mean I take forever to make my mind up about someone. On the other hand, my closest friends are people I have liked almost immediately.
- I always seem to stumble across popular books and TV shows months and sometimes even years behind others. The plus side of this is that I can indulge in a new found love (such as my recent discovery, Sex and the City) wholeheartedly and to its fullest extent.
- This is actually my fourth attempt at blogging, but I'm determined to make this one stick.
- I was three classes short of having a second major in Animal Science in college, but I couldn't pass nutrition.
- I've had the same pen pal for almost ten years, a middle aged woman who owned my horse, Libby, before I did. We refuse to communicate in any manner other than written letters.
- While I could pass a camp swim test, I would probably drown if my aquatic skills were truly put to the test.
- I have not, in five years, gone to bed with everything crossed off my to do list and I probably never will again.
- I love all forms of puzzles, which I think I get from my grandfather. I love crosswords, Suduko and jigsaw puzzles, as well as logic problems.
- I loved English best in school, but I think I'm actually a better math teacher than I am a reading teacher.
- I have my bellybutton pierced, which for some reasons shocks people.
- I have a major weakness for white cheddar popcorn.
- I love the idea of an exercise program, but have a hard time sticking to a single one. I tried P90X and within 3 weeks was so ready to strangle Tony Horton I had to stop.
- My current dream vacation is an overnight train ride to New Orleans and a week of immersing myself in their history, culture and cuisine with my husband.
- My father and I have a very close and unique relationship that stems from 8+ hour trips to horse shows around the country, 80s and 90s rock and both having ADHD.
- I love reading books in almost every genre, but I am definitely a (not so) closeted sci-fi nerd.
- I have never worn contacts and I probably never will, because I actually think glasses are way more attractive.
- I have truly bizarre food allergies. Normal people are allergic to nuts or milk or wheat. I'm allergic to blackberries, avocado, kiwi and eggplant.
- I think abortion, pot and prostitution should be legal. However, on a personal level, I want no part in any of those things.
- My gym playlist is some of the trashiest, distasteful, most horrible music you can imagine, and I love it.
Who and What
My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Equal rights for women.
~Fitness and health
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
20 Things You Didn't Know About The Farmer's Granddaughter
No big intro tonight, just the facts.