Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

20 Things You Didn't Know About The Farmer's Granddaughter

No big intro tonight, just the facts.



  1. I absolutely despise bananas and onions. I also don't eat raw tomatoes, cooked carrots or cabbage in any form. 
  2. I try to avoid passing judgement too quickly, since one of my biggest flaws is being overly critical of others, but this can mean I take forever to make my mind up about someone. On the other hand, my closest friends are people I have liked almost immediately. 
  3. I always seem to stumble across popular books and TV shows months and sometimes even years behind others. The plus side of this is that I can indulge in a new found love (such as my recent discovery, Sex and the City) wholeheartedly and to its fullest extent. 
  4. This is actually my fourth attempt at blogging, but I'm determined to make this one stick. 
  5. I was three classes short of having a second major in Animal Science in college, but I couldn't pass nutrition. 
  6. I've had the same pen pal for almost ten years, a middle aged woman who owned my horse, Libby, before I did. We refuse to communicate in any manner other than written letters. 
  7. While I could pass a camp swim test, I would probably drown if my aquatic skills were truly put to the test. 
  8. I have not, in five years, gone to bed with everything crossed off my to do list and I probably never will again. 
  9. I love all forms of puzzles, which I think I get from my grandfather. I love crosswords, Suduko and jigsaw puzzles, as well as logic problems.
  10. I loved English best in school, but I think I'm actually a better math teacher than I am a reading teacher. 
  11. I have my bellybutton pierced, which for some reasons shocks people. 
  12. I have a major weakness for white cheddar popcorn. 
  13. I love the idea of an exercise program, but have a hard time sticking to a single one. I tried P90X and within 3 weeks was so ready to strangle Tony Horton I had to stop. 
  14. My current dream vacation is an overnight train ride to New Orleans and a week of immersing myself in their history, culture and cuisine with my husband. 
  15. My father and I have a very close and unique relationship that stems from 8+ hour trips to horse shows around the country, 80s and 90s rock and both having ADHD. 
  16. I love reading books in almost every genre, but I am definitely a (not so) closeted sci-fi nerd. 
  17. I have never worn contacts and I probably never will, because I actually think glasses are way more attractive. 
  18. I have truly bizarre food allergies. Normal people are allergic to nuts or milk or wheat. I'm allergic to blackberries, avocado, kiwi and eggplant. 
  19. I think abortion, pot and prostitution should be legal. However, on a personal level, I want no part in any of those things. 
  20. My gym playlist is some of the trashiest, distasteful, most horrible music you can imagine, and I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment