Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

D is for…Date Night (Week 12 of the 52 Weeks Project)





One of my goals for the New Year is to improve my relationship with my husband. It's not that we have a bad relationship, but there is always room for improvement. One thing I think might help our relationship is to begin having a weekly date night. Some of these are new, while others are favorites we've done before.

  1. Drive in movies. There's a great one less than an hour from us and we've never been. 
  2. Spread a blanket on the ground and stargaze.
  3. A park date. We did one of these when we were first dating and it was so much fun!
  4. Take a picnic somewhere gorgeous. 
  5. Spend an evening at the arcade. 
  6. Have a food themed night. Paris, China, only finger foods, just see what you come up with. 
  7. Walk the dogs on the Blackwater creek trail. 
  8. Go biking. 
  9. Dream/goal night. I want to spend an evening writing down plans and goals for the future. 
  10. Play a game. My grandparents still play cards together after almost 60 years together. 
  11. Go hiking. 
  12. Visit a winery.
  13. Go rock climbing. 
  14. Take a class together. 
  15. Spend an afternoon or evening at the library or bookstore. 
  16. Build a blanket fort in the living room. 
  17. Go camping. 
  18. Devote a night to making ice cream sundaes at home. 
  19. Do a puzzle together. 
  20. Go to a few yard sales together. 
  21. Enjoy a morning at the farmer's market. 
  22. Go dancing. 
  23. Rent a movie. 
  24. Go kayaking. 
  25. Go apple picking together. 
  26. Spend a night at a bowling alley. 
  27. Visit a few antique stores. 
  28. Play Bingo. 
  29. Go shopping for clothing items that you'll both enjoy. 
  30. Go to a local festival. 
  31. If all else fails, stick with the classics and go see a movie. 
  32. Go to the zoo. 
  33. Go to watch fireworks. 
  34. Play mini golf.
  35. Go out somewhere nice for brunch. 
  36. Go swimming. 
  37. Play paintball. 
  38. Attend a food truck festival. 
  39. Attend a fair. 
  40. Backyard BBQ with a new recipe. 
  41. Go see a horse event. 
  42. Host a poker night. 
  43. Host a movie themed couples night. 
  44. Make a "ahem" for your eyes only bucket list together. 
  45. Have a fondue night. 
  46. Go out and dance. 
  47. Make a gourmet pizza together.
  48. Visit a local ice cream truck. Walk if you can and burn some calories. 
  49. Go to the circus. I haven't been to one in ages and I really want to. 
  50. Go to Blackfriar's Playhouse. 
  51. Shoot pool. 
  52. Wii game night. 
The best part is, most of these are very affordable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment