Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Friday, December 19, 2014

I is for "I believe the world would be a better place if..."


I'm no expert on world politics, or foreign countries. My geography skills are abysmal. However, there is one thing I think we could all do that would make the world a better place. I feel that we should all commit small, quiet acts of kindness whenever we can. These acts of kindness should not be done for personal gain. No recognition, notice or acknowledgement should be expected. No one should be expected to return the favor. Nothing should be done to draw attention to these acts. The only hope for any sort of attention related to these acts of kindness should be that those on the receiving end of these acts, and those who happen to witness them will pay it forward, or follow the example they see. What if everyone led their life this way? I have been blessed enough to be on the receiving end of more of these acts I can count. They mean the world, and they encourage me to try harder in my kindness toward others.

No comments:

Post a Comment