Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Friday, February 27, 2015

#LoveMe Challenge, What Have You Accepted About Yourself?



A big part of love is acceptance. This goes for any relationship, but especially in the relationship we have with ourselves. Part of learning to love myself is accepting myself, as I am and without apologizing or feeling sorry for myself. Some of what I have accepted are things I have left unchallenged for years, while other things are more recent developments. I love my life, and I love myself and the person I am becoming. I am not there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday, and I have an end destination in mind. Here are many of the things I have accepted about myself.

  1. I have accepted that I will never be 5'7, and that I'm not willing to wear 5 inch heels to come close. 
  2. I've embraced the fact that I am ADHD and I won't be outgrowing it. 
  3. I am okay with the fact that I have to make lists and keep fairly detailed calendars to keep up with things. 
  4. I understand that my hair will never be easily styled and I've given up the fight for more worthy pursuits. 
  5. I accept that the things I like are not what is necessarily popular with the rest of the world. I am no longer trying to make myself enjoy things I hate, just so I can fit in. 
  6. I realize that I will never "fit in" with the "popular" crowd, no matter how old I am. I have realized that while there is one no matter where you go, it isn't something I want to fall in with anyway. 
  7. I am okay with the fact that there are many thing I don't understand and I don't mind asking for help. 
  8. I recognize that while there are things I could do to be more attractive, I just don't care that much. And there's nothing wrong with that. 
  9. I've accepted that my dreams are big and will require many years to achieve. 
  10. I've realized that the journey I have taken with my education and career so far may be very different then when I may ultimately end up doing, and that is perfectly fine. 
  11. I understand that I will sometimes say the wrong things, and that I'm not the only one. 
  12. I've accepted that I am not an athlete in the traditional sense, but that doesn't mean that I cannot take care of myself or strive for physical fitness.
  13. I recognize that I am not yet a good teacher yet, nor can I be since it is only my first year. 
  14. I realize that there is still much to learn about the day to day and week to week tasks of my job. 
  15. I have accepted that I will make many mistakes and that perfection is not possible. The unsinkable Titanic is at the bottom of the ocean.
  16. I understand that I can be impatient and that I must work on this.
  17. I accept that others will try to convince me I need to be "fixed" but that I am not broken. 
  18. I realize there will be things that do not come easily to me and there will be things I have to work harder at. 
  19. I understand that not every day is going to be a happy one, but I cannot let myself get bogged down by it. 
  20. I accept that not everyone will approve of my life choices and that they don't need to for me to be happy. 
  21. I have embraced the fact that I will never be a graceful or even a good dancer. 
  22. I've recognized that there still is a lot of fear I need to conquer. 
  23. I've accepted the fact that I may need to reevaluate my medication regimen in order to live life to the fullest. 
  24. I've realized that there is nothing selfish in putting myself first. 
  25. I accept that my personal style is to make me happy and no one else. 
  26. I accept that my beauty is my own version, and some people will question it. That is their right, but it does not make me any less beautiful. 
  27. I accept that my happiness is my responsibility, not anyone else's. 
I accept my flaws and my strengths. I am proud of both and no one can hold any of them against me, because I do not lie to myself or anyone else about them. I encourage you to accept yourself and live only to please you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment