Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#LoveMe Day 10, Share a Secret


Secrets are sort of challenging for me because the truth is I don't have any I can really think of. Not true secrets anyway. Everything there is to know about me at least one person knows. For this challenge, I think I'll share 27 things that are not well known about me. Not huge secrets, nothing I would have a problem with someone knowing, but things that are not immediately apparent to the eye, or that I don't think you would guess just by looking at me.

  1. Velvet gives me the creeps. I really don't want it to touch any part of my skin, and if it does, I really just want to go bathe.
  2. I am really scared that due to some of my medical history, the process of trying to get pregnant is going to be a big challenge and that it may not happen. 
  3. I am equally terrified, due to this medical history, of getting pregnant by accident. 
  4. Additionally, I am really afraid to be a bad mother. 
  5. I am mildly obsessed with Wise hot cheese popcorn. 
  6. I often give up on technology if I can't figure it out. It's part of why I'm really okay with us not having cable. 
  7. I am terrified that I will say the wrong thing to a student. 
  8. I am capable of considering someone my best friend without the need for mutual feelings on the part of the other person. You are who you are to me, and as long as you don't hate my guts, I don't see a problem.
  9. If I didn't teach elementary ed, I'd have a lot more tattoos. 
  10. I assign human characteristics to inanimate objects way more than I should.
  11. The number 27 comes from my mother putting on music when we were younger and telling us to pick up 27 things. Now it's just how I do things. 
  12. I hate carrying my cell phone, but I'm scared the one call I miss will be the one I really should have taken. 
  13. I fixate on certain concepts entirely too heavily. For example, the movie 50 first dates is one I have analyzed to death. 
  14. I say cutesy romantic acts are cheesy, but I actually wouldn't turn down being swept off my feet once in a while. 
  15. I hate absolute labels. Black/white, gay/straight, nice/mean. No one is that definitive. 
  16. Sometimes I refuse to acknowledge the news, simply because it's too depressing and there s nothing I can do about it.
  17. I think I'd still vote democrat, but elections make me feel horribly uninformed. 
  18. I genuinely believe I will one day have exactly the life I want. 
  19. One day, I want to get in my car and just drive with no destination in mind. 
  20. I don't pt much stock in the meaning of dreams, but any time my life feels out of control, mine contain cars that are difficult or impossible to drive. 
  21. I was terrified to take medication for my Chronic Pain Syndrome, because it's an antidepressant and I was scared I'd lose myself. Now I wish I'd done it sooner. 
  22. I really want to make my younger self proud. 
  23. The TV I watch is REALLY bad. 
  24. I'm 99% sure my husband is too good for me. 
  25. I never went to a single college party, and I don't feel like I missed out on anything. 
  26. I daydream about doing something crazy to my personal appearance and not telling anyone. 
  27. If I like something/someone, I decide immediately. If I dislike it, it takes me a long time to make up my mind. 
What are some of your secrets? 

No comments:

Post a Comment