Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Saturday, February 21, 2015

#LoveMe Day 21, Something I'm Proud Of


I'm having one of those days where I really need a cheerleader. Anyone else have those? Where for no reason you feel like you can't quite get it right, even if you've done plenty well that week. Personally, I blame being snowed in and trying to write an IEP for one of my students had something to do with it. I'm new to it and the computer system, combined with still figuring out how to word stuff on it makes me feel stupid. However, I'm snowed in and the only person to cheer me on is me. So hopefully writing this gives me a little mood boost, because I really could use it. Here is what I am proud of.
  1. All the work I put in to being a good teacher. 
  2. Having a stable relationship.
  3. The fact that I'm pretty sure the principals at my school forget that I'm one of the youngest people on staff.
  4. My students genuinely like me. I have love notes to prove it. 
  5. I tell my students I love them every day. What if I am the only one that does? 
  6. The animals I have helped to save. True, I've gotten ones from breeders, but I've also taken in a few rescues and I'll definitely take in more.
  7. I'm one of the most successful individuals with ADHD I know, and I embrace it rather than fight it. 
  8. Coaching Girls on the Run. I'm so proud to be part of that organization. 
  9. I work hard, and I enjoy it. 
  10. I take care of people as much as I can. 
  11. I know how to organize my time well. 
  12. I have faced many challenges and I have never let them defeat me. 
  13. I'm comfortable enough in my own skin that I wear what I want, skip the make-up and feel good. 
  14. I've read a lot of books, and I will read a lot more. 
  15. I can cook pretty well. 
  16. I started my own business.
  17. I'm brave enough to chase my dreams, even though my mother thinks I'm nuts. 
  18. I have found it in my heart to love children who are difficult. 
  19. If I don't know the answer, I go out and find it. 
  20. I can fail without giving up. 
  21. I fight for what I believe in. 
  22. I'm an amazing friend. Call me ant 2am and I promise you I will be there. 
  23. I can take criticism and grow from it. 
  24. I am on track to be debt free before thirty. 
  25. I am working to keep our farm land used for farming.
  26. I take care of my body, and love it even when its not perfect. 
  27. I can write really well. 
What are you proud of? What makes you feel good about yourself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment