Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

#LoveMe Day 24, What Makes You Happy


Happiness is something I have been in pursuit of for a long time. Which sounds cheesy, thanks to Will Smith and Thomas Jefferson, now that I think on it, but that doesn't make it any less true. Happiness, in recent years, is not something that has consistently come easily to me. But I know that it is something I deserve, so I am working really hard to find it and hold onto it. It's getting easier, but I have days where I can't seem to uncover it no matter how hard I try. I had started keeping a "5 good things" journal, where I wrote down 5 good things at the end of every day, but I haven't been very good about it the last few weeks. I plan to get back on track with that today. A list of things that make me happy seems like a good way to do it.

  1. A really good book. 
  2. A long ride on a nice horse. 
  3. A good home cooked meal.
  4. Time spent on projects with my husband.
  5. Sewing. 
  6. Getting my hands dirty doing something productive. 
  7. Sore muscles after a hard workout. 
  8. Coaching Girls on the Run.
  9. Love notes from my students. 
  10. Crossing things off my to do list. 
  11. Wearing an outfit. 
  12. Dreaming with my husband. 
  13. Clean sheets. 
  14. A really good cup of coffee. 
  15. Writing. 
  16. Snuggling with my puppies. 
  17. A song that seems to sum up everything you don't have the words for. 
  18. Planting things and watching them grow.
  19. The sound of rain on a metal roof. 
  20. Reassurance from others that I really am doing it right. 
  21. Time spent with friends. 
  22. Baby animals. Really, is it possible to look at a puppy and not smile. 
  23. Secretly wearing something goofy or a little naughty while the rest of me looks perfectly put together. For example, today my socks have pink and orange elephants on them, but I'm dressed for parent teacher conferences. 
  24. Not caring, genuinely not caring, what others think and doing what my heart tells me is right. 
  25. Appreciating the simple things. 
  26. Those "restore your faith in humanity" posts on Pinterest. Sometimes I need those. 
  27. Those quiet moments at the end of the day when you really feel like you've done something right.
I have embarked on a journey to "find my happy" this year. It's a daily challenge, but I believe it will be worth it. What makes you happy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment