Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Thursday, February 26, 2015

#LoveMe Day 26, What Makes You Feel Beautiful?

Shamelessly stolen from: dailymakeover.com.  

For all my many insecurities, I will say that for the most part my looks have not been one of them. True, I am no great beauty, those genes went to my younger sister in spades. (No resentment, I promise, I'm still taller.) But I am proud to say I am confident in my own appearance on the whole. However, there are days where I feel absolutely radiant from the inside and out. These are the moments where I am so happy I feel as if I must be glowing loveliness from the inside out. Some of these instances are:

  1. When my students tell me I'm beautiful. Something about hearing it from voices that are at times painfully honest makes it that much more true for me. 
  2. Anytime the sun is out and warming my face. 
  3. The occasions where I am somehow able to walk gracefully in heels. 
  4. When I'm riding a horse and I know everything is working the way it's supposed to and you cannot tell where one stops and the other starts. 
  5. Those moments where I think I'm gross and I catch my husband giving me that look.
  6. When my jeans fit absolutely, perfectly right. 
  7. After I finish a workout and I know I did my best. 
  8. Dancing, even though I probably look like a spider on a hotplate. 
  9. The days where I feel like "yep, I handled things."
  10. The moment after a laughing fit where I'm gasping for air, my face is flushed and I probably look terrible, but I feel alive. 
  11. Getting my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed. 
  12. The rare occasions when I wear my hair down. 
  13. When I've been working in the barn or outside and I have smudges of dirt on my face and hands and simply cannot be bothered to care. 
  14. When my hair has some curl to it, which is almost never, but I love how pretty it looks when it is. 
  15. Callouses on my hands
  16. Eating in a healthy way. 
  17. Any outfit that shows off the awesome muscles in my back. 
  18. Riding clothes that look amazing. 
  19. Dressing in bright colors.
  20. Coaching my Girls on the Run girls. We talk a lot about inner beauty and it helps me to find my own. 
  21. Wearing a tutu. 
  22. Hard work. In my opinion hard work is one of the sexiest things you can do. 
  23. Swinging on a swingset. Maybe this is weird, but I just feel light and free. 
  24. Those awesome days where I wake up and without doing anything look pretty good. 
  25. Having my hair played with. 
  26. Doing yoga.
  27. When my husband comes in from work after I've already come to bed and kisses me goodnight. 
Beauty is…well it's weird. There is science to it, but there is also emotions and how you feel about the person, including yourself. I've decided to like myself and that it's more than okay to appreciate my own appearance. Are the things that make you feel beautiful as strange as mine? 


No comments:

Post a Comment