Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

#LoveMe Day 25, Things That Make Me Laugh


One of the best parts of working with children and animals are the many opportunities I am given for laughter on a daily basis. Animals are silly in their own way, and my students are filled with enough honesty to make anyone crack a smile. Add that to my wacky, crazy family and it's a miracle I don't pull a muscle in my side some days. Also, sometimes I am just way too easily amused. Here are some of the many things that have made me laugh in recent memory.

  1. "My cat ran away. I think she got married or something." ~First Grader
  2. "They put me on the Ritalin. It's for the wildness." ~First Grader
  3. I have a toddler I work with that gives "fish kisses."
  4. My sheltie chases her tail sometimes, to the point that she gets dizzy and falls over. 
  5. Dancing with my 5th grade student to a count by fives song. Neither of us have much rhythm.
  6. I kept yawning one day during a reading lesson and one student looked at me and said "wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey."
  7. I let the dogs out of their play area where they stay when we're not at home. My sheltie tried to run so fast she lost traction in the front end and flipped over backward. 
  8. My Aussie is a food ninja. She also happens to be missing the top teeth on the right side of her mouth, which allows her tongue to reach extra far. The other night after I gave them treats, Sage, the sheltie, dropped her bone. Before she could pick it up, Kona (the Aussie) had, keeping her own treat in her mouth, scooped up Sage's and run for the couch. 
  9. Sage tries to "help" me do yoga. Downward dog takes on a new meaning when you're dodging puppy kisses to the face. 
  10. My oldest horse, Libby, who is 27 and from Maine, romping in the snow last week. 
  11. Any of the challenges I face with my ADHD. Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself. 
  12. My friends that really get me.
  13. My sister's raw honesty when it comes to the world. 
  14. The time I had to say, "Evan, stop using Dani's ponytail for an obstacle course."
  15. The time I had to say, "Stop licking the light switch." Though at the time that wasn't funny. 
  16. My family. Seriously, we're hilarious. And mildly inappropriate.  
  17. Buzz Feeds that are completely relatable. The photo, in case you were wondering is from one about being an adult with ADHD. STORY OF MY LIFE!
  18. Sometimes I just search "funny animals" on Pinterest. 
  19. Hilarious autocorrects. 
  20. The face my horses make when they smell something funny. 
  21. Finally getting the adult jokes in old Disney movies. 
  22. The funny spelling mistakes kids make on writing assignments. Almost as funny as messed up autocorrects. 
  23. My Girls on the Run girls and the silly games we play as part of the program. 
  24. Kona's desperate attempts to get my attention. 
  25. Really bad puns. (What do you do with a dead chemist? Barium.)
  26. Our barn kitty, who chases my parent's dogs. 
  27. The time I told my students, get it together, or I'm just going to take a nap, and they started singing me a lullaby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment