Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Friday, February 20, 2015

#LoveMe Day 20, Something I Love to Wear


I actually like most of my wardrobe. I make a point of only buying things that make me feel good about myself. And if I stop feeling good about myself in an item, I don't hang onto it hoping to diet or exercise my way back into it. Most of my stuff comes from thrift stores anyways, so it's not like I'm out a lot of cash if I get rid of something. However, there are some items in my wardrobe I love and put on when I need a self esteem boost. They're not exactly your typical items, but they're things I think are cute and I have fun in.

  1. My pink cowboy boots. I always own at least one pair and they make me feel like myself. I wore them down the aisle at my wedding. 
  2. My dark wash Old Navy jeans. 
  3. My black vest that makes me look extra skinny. 
  4. My little black dress. 
  5. My super warm and fuzzy socks. 
  6. An adorable off the shoulder pink sweater my sister got me. 
  7. My pink coveralls. Because I like to confuse people. 
  8. My overall shorts. 
  9. My breeches and tall boots. If I can look good in these, I'm doing something right. 
  10. My footie pajamas. 
  11. Wacoal bras. They fit well and everyone needs them. 
  12. My grey leggings.
  13. My grey pea coat. I never wear this without getting lots of compliments. 
  14. My "Coffee Chick" baseball cap, which was given to me as thanks for taking care of people at horse shows. 
  15. My comfortable brown Ariat boots. They felt broken in on day one. 
  16. Converse sneakers, which I will put with absolutely any outfit. 
  17. My green cardigan that looks good with almost everything I own.
  18. My Saucony running shoes, which allow me to keep myself in shape. 
  19. The pearl set my parents gave me when I finished my BA.
  20. The clover set that was left to me by my husband's grandmother and then added to by my husband. 
  21. My class rings, two interlocking horse heads, rather than the traditional. I'm the only person I know that still wears theirs. 
  22. My championship ring I bought for myself after winning my 7th riding title. 
  23. My engagement ring and wedding band. The engagement ring is an antique and the wedding band was found by accident and engraved with tiny four leaf clovers. I love how they look and what they represent. 
  24. My animal hats. I have a koala, a panda, and Perry the Platypus. 
  25. Blazers, which make me feel skinny. 
  26. This green top I have that matches my green pumps perfectly. They got me through a lot of job interviews last year. 
  27. My belt buckles, which add a little southern charm to otherwise businessy outfits. 
I don't care what's in style. I wear what makes me feel good. What do you love to wear? 

No comments:

Post a Comment