Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Sunday, February 22, 2015

#LoveMe Day 22, What Makes Me Unique



Unique is one of the more polite words people have used to describe me. Over the years I have been called just about every synonym of the word unique. Odd, strange, weird, out there, bizarre, unusual, freaky, quirky, abnormal, atypical and eccentric are all descriptors I have heard. This used to hurt my feelings, but in the last five years or so I've come to embrace it. Plus, some of the things that previously caused people to label me are becoming sort of trendy or else helping me achieve goals. Here's what makes me unique:

  1. My love of pink, which borders on obsessive.
  2. My tomboyish nature, which makes my love of pink that much more ironic. My aunt once told me that I have reinvented her previous interpretation of pink. 
  3. My obsession with lists and tendency to make them about everything. 
  4. My constant need to challenge myself. 
  5. My dream to be a farmer. How many 25 year old women do you know with that goal?
  6. My religious beliefs. 
  7. My political beliefs. 
  8. The honest but kind approach I take with my students.
  9. The approach I take to fitness and health. 
  10. My desire to do such a wide variety of crafts.
  11. My entrepreneurial spirit. 
  12. My love for horses, which is a phase I am yet to outgrow. 
  13. My love for good food and wine. 
  14. My love for books and the written word. 
  15. The daily fight I engage in for my own happiness. 
  16. The process by which I get things done. 
  17. My desire to put beauty into the world. 
  18. My quest to make the world a better place for others. 
  19. My ties to my family's land and my mission to preserve it. 
  20. My passion for sharing good things with others. 
  21. The way I dress.
  22. My tattoo and the ones I plan to get in the future. 
  23. How close I am to my family. 
  24. My need to write out a plan in order to be able to see something through. 
  25. My ADHD and the way I use it to my advantage. 
  26. The manner in which I approach challenges. That is, head on and as fiercely as possible. 
  27. My love for my community and the desire to support it.
What makes you unique? Whatever it is, be proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment