Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Monday, February 9, 2015

#LoveMe Day 8, Share a Scar

The only way this woman lived to be 90 was because of how big her heart was. 


My scars on the whole are really not very impressive. A few on my hands from barbed wire, one on my chin from a vicious attack on the part of a hardwood floor, and one on my shin that I think came from a metal tent stake at a local festival, but honestly I'm not sure. I also have three small scars from my appendectomy, which are so small, I feel silly even calling them scars.

However, as has already been pointed out by others, some scars are not visible, and on day 8 of the love me challenge, my family lost our matriarch. Grandmuttee, at 90, went to join her husband in heaven. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Her pain is gone, and she left a hell of a legacy of love and kindness in the world. While her loss will leave a scar on all of us, it is more a badge of honor, to have been part of a family where the love was so deep. Losing part of it does leave a mark, but it is more of a reminder of where we came from, and what we should do to honor that heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment