Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#LoveMe Day 4, Someone That Loves Me


I met my husband, Brad, in 6th grade, but I didn't fall for him until after my sophomore year of college. He, however, has loved me since I was 15. He is literally one of the best people I could ever hope to know. The fact that he loves me is still amazing to me sometimes.

Last year, I read "The Five Languages of Love," which explains how different people feel loved by others in different ways. My love language is acts of service, which means that words, gifts and even physical touch don't really register with me as acts of love.  Don't get me wrong, they're nice, but I don't  receive a present from my husband and think, "he got this because he loves me." Meanwhile, Brad's love language is primarily quality time and words of affirmation. We've both had to work hard to become bilingual, but doing so has significantly improved our relationship.

Here are 27 sweet "I Love Yous" my husband has shown me through acts of service.

  1. He comes to the school I work at and fixes things in my classroom. 
  2. He's taken over making dinner as of late so I can focus on doing other things. 
  3. He takes care of my horses on the nights I am running late. 
  4. He's been on the night shift for the last couple of days and has come home and made me breakfast. 
  5. He also agreed to change his last name when we got married so we could have the same last name without me having to give up mine. Both of ours are hyphenated. 
  6. Last year when I set up a mini golf course for field day, Brad made the golf clubs. 
  7. Despite working 10 hour nights this week, I came home to all the laundry done yesterday. 
  8. Agreeing to take on two dogs, despite not being a "pet person." (Although he now admits he can't imagine life without them.)
  9. He plans activities for us. If that were my job, we would never make it anywhere. 
  10. He puts up with my crazy, wacky friends.
  11. He always does the right thing and finds a way to make it work. Last year when my friend's mom died, he took care of the floral arrangements. 
  12. He continues to find ways to make my craft space and storage more efficient. 
  13. On some of the roughest days as a teacher (and I love my job, but there are still days) I have come home to a glass of wine already poured. 
  14. He's currently in the process of helping me convert the fences at the farm to wood. 
  15. He's helped me treat numerous horse boo boos. 
  16. Sometimes, he tells me not to do something that I have put pressure on myself to do, and works with me to come up with a graceful solution.
  17. We have plans this weekend to build planting boxes so we can start our garden. 
  18. If I really love a book, he'll read it too so we can talk about it. 
  19. Recently, we have been talking about trying to make the farm an actual business. He's been doing extra research just to figure out how to make it happen. 
  20. He has supported me in my fitness goals this year. 
  21. He manages our finances, which, believe me, is reason enough to feel his love. It takes me forever. 
  22. He has been willing to try new things with me. 
  23. He helps me pick out items for my classroom store, especially when I'm clueless. 
  24. He helps me to put together lesson materials. 
  25. He helped me put together a BBQ at the beginning of the year since I was at a new school and was afraid of not knowing anyone. 
  26. He takes care of the car maintenance so I don't have to. 
  27. Any goal I set, he shows support of not just verbally, but with actions. 
How lucky I am to have someone who loves me so much. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey I nominated you for Liebster Award. Check out the post on my blog

    ReplyDelete