Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Monday, February 16, 2015

#LoveMe Day 16, Something I Like About Myself


Yesterday I talked in my post about how we are so reluctant to give ourselves credit. On the same note, we're also really reluctant to admit the things we like about ourselves. "Not to be cocky," we say. Or "at the risk of being vain," we preface. Is it really so wrong to look in the mirror and find yourself beautiful? Is is so horrendous to go through the traits you possess and smile about a few of them? Sticking with my favorite number, here are the things I like about myself.

  1. My eyes. They're this really cool green that changes shades based on what I wear. 
  2. The fact that I wear glasses. I have no desire for contacts. I think I look smart. 
  3. I have really good common sense.
  4. I can figure out most things. 
  5. I am well read. I actually get most of the references in Gilmore Girls. 
  6. The fact that I don't wear makeup. I see no need. 
  7. I've never felt the need to experiment with drugs. 
  8. My belly button ring. It's a crowning jewel on a work in progress.
  9. My tattoo, which represents my love for many things. 
  10. My budgeting skills. I can stretch a dollar like nobody's business.
  11. I can have a conversation with just about anyone. 
  12. My quirky style, which consists of animal hats and pink cowboy boots. 
  13. This may sound strange, but there's a mole on my collar bone that I think adds a nice bit of character. 
  14. My back, which is well toned and gorgeous from years of farm labor. 
  15. My writing skills. 
  16. The fact that my friends have been born in multiple decades. 
  17. My cooking skills.
  18. My creativity. 
  19. My craftiness. 
  20. My commitment every day to my own happiness.
  21. The effort I make to be nice to others.
  22. The ability I have to have a positive impact on children. 
  23. My work ethic. I am one of the hardest working people I know. 
  24. My ability to be content at the bottom of the ladder. One of the principals at my school said something to me about becoming an administrator someday, but I have no desire. It would put me too far away from my kids. 
  25. I take responsibility for myself and my mistakes.
  26. I take care of people. 
  27. I can speak in public without fear. 
I'm going to love myself, including my flaws. What do you love about yourself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment