Who and What

My name is Hailey and my grandfather is a farmer. I'm the 7th generation to live on the family farm, and my babies (when the time comes) are going to be the 8th. My husband and I are even renovating a trailer on my grandparent's farm so we can move back to the family farm sooner. This blog encompasses the things that are important to me. These things are:

~Special Education
~ADHD, including my own battle with it over the years. It's now my superpower.
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Horses
~Farm Life
~Family
~Dogs
~Equal rights for women.
~Teaching
~Goal setting
~Fitness and health
~Financial Stability
~Reading
~Personal Happiness

Saturday, February 14, 2015

#LoveMe Day 12, Share a Flaw

I actually kind of love this picture. 

Some people try to hide their flaws, but I've always worn them on my sleeves, along with my heart, my hopes, my feelings and my pride. I am not one for concealment, and sometimes perhaps this is in and of itself a flaw. Most of them I accept and allow to show. My hope in doing this is that no one ever sees me as fake or expects one thing and gets another. I could share just one flaw, but the number 27 is one that I always seem to go for, so here are 27 flaws I see in myself. 
  1. I have a hard time following the directions exactly. This goes for this writing challenge, when I make a recipe, and even when I write myself directions for lesson plans for each week. 
  2. I am terrible about returning e-mails and phone calls, and I NEVER check my voice mail. 
  3. I can be entirely too much of a people pleaser, and often forget that I can disagree with people without losing friends. 
  4. My process of doing things often lacks efficiency. 
  5. I have anxiety. This is one of the few flaws it took a long time to admit to myself and the world. However, I'm finally starting to admit it, and ironically, I'm less anxious. 
  6. I can be self destructive in my quest for personal health. 
  7. I'm not patient, at all. 
  8. I am easily one of the most stubborn people you will ever meet. 
  9. I bite off more than I can chew all the time. 
  10. I talk WAY too much. 
  11. I'm super competitive, which isn't always a bad thing, but occasionally gets in the way of other stuff. 
  12. I forget to do basic things if I get distracted. Things like, putting on my deodorant. 
  13. There are time where I am just plain lazy. 
  14. My voice is LOUD. Which I supposed you could argue is useful, since I'm a teacher, but I swear I've spent half my life being told to lower it. 
  15. I can overreact with the best of them. 
  16. It takes me a long time to make my mind up about some people. This comes from me trying not to judge other too quickly. 
  17. I have a hard time taking compliments. When I get one "Just say thank you," has to run through my head before "Thank you," rather than a defense of the compliment, comes out of my mouth.
  18. Sometimes I spend too much time setting goals and forget to live in the here and now. 
  19. I can be careless with things, such as clothing and electronics. 
  20. I can be jealous of others at times. 
  21. I worry that I don't give my dogs enough attention. 
  22. I don't say thank you enough. 
  23. I can be very inconsistent. 
  24. My horses need a lot more from me than I have been giving them recently. 
  25. I expect too much from myself and from others. 
  26. My failure to communicate sometimes gets me into binds. 
  27. I let fear make a lot of my choices for me. 
I fight these demons every day, and I'm working on correcting most of them. It helps me to remind myself that life is a journey, and I need to embrace the process, not the end goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment